Thursday, September 3, 2009

This is What Happens When Parents Aren't Watching



These are interesting pictures, for me at least. The boys were supposed to be outside playing nicely. It was not hot outside, this was last Fall (2008). I can't be sure, but I think my hose mysteriously turned on. Because, I know I didn't turn it on. One second my kids are playing on the swing set, and they are dry. I turn my back for a few seconds and this is what happens.

To my amazement, and mom's you know what I am talking about here, my boys were laughing and sounding like all was well in the universe. This was a sign that I needed to check on them. Sure enough, as I came out of my kitchen into the back yard, I hear water and splashing. We do not have a pool and there was no reason for the water to be on. I round the corner to where the noise was coming from and this is the sight that I see. My oldest son playing in 3" of water on the side of our house.

I hear this statement all the time, "Mom, we are bored". I guess this day that boredom won out and my grass needed to meet its maker. In just minutes this 8'x10' area became a huge mud puddle. Oh, what joy! I have to tell you that I was very close to jumping in myself, it just looked fun. After their time of frolicking in the mud, they got the coldest spray down possible. I asked them later as they were crying about how cold they were if the mud bath was worth it, "Oh yes mom!".

There are just some times in our lives as mom's that we just need to step back and let them have fun. I have great pictures to put in their scrap books and they have this play time to remember, and they still bring it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment